Monday 23 April 2012

Hospitals Suck.

First of all: I'm blogging on my phone, which is totally awesome. The not so awesome part is the fact I'm currently sat in eye casualty waiting to be seen - as are about 20 others.

I'm fine, just a mishap with some contact lenses on Friday which led to 2 hours of waiting and the most excruciating dye put into both eyes. Anywho, the doctor told me to come back today to check everything's okay now.

So, as I'm obviously going to be here a while, I'm going to bore you by talking about hospitals. I have an odd fascination with them, in the sense of: "what's behind that door?" "what do they do in that ward?" and not forgetting "I wanna see the operating theatre!" I've been in an operating theatre once in my life, and I was actually disappointed that I was out like a light before I got to see it. Stupid aneasthesia room. I was also out for my first ambulance ride, but thats another story - and I was unconscious for a different reason.

At the same time of being fascinated by them, I hate them. Mainly due to the fact that they smell odd, they're unsettling and as an emetophobe, no one likes to go to a place where norovirus makes the rounds every year.

Waiting times are a massive pisser offer of mine. Probably the same with everyone else on the planet (aside from those lucky enough to go private), but its just annoying. Like now, its a 3 hour wait to be seen, and I'd put a large amount of money on the table in saying that I'll be with the doctor all of 2 minutes. I was told to come back today when I saw the doctor on Friday, but when asked if I needed an appointment, he said no. WHY NOT?! I'm here because you want me to be here, not because I fancy a free day out! Despite my curiosity, I'm not going to wonder around corridoors seeing how far I can go before an areas blocked off, so I just have to sit in your waiting area watching some shitty BBC documentary.

Just imagine, this is what the NHS is like now - and with our *lovely* government at the moment, its only going to get worse. How about they take the 9 billion or however much they're spending on the olympics and use it to improve our rapidly failing health service?

No comments:

Post a Comment