Wednesday 27 March 2013

Lifescouts: Scrabble and Bowling

These two badges aren't really ones that you could get a not so incredibly dull post out of so I've put them together.

First of all, Scrabble. Its not something I love, nor do I constantly play it. But it kills time and is always fun playing with your Mum and step Dad when your Mum has had a few glasses of wine. Also, when you've had a few drinks and you're with friends, how much fun do you get out of doing this?

Ah the joys of getting intoxicated off of three cans of Strongbow when you're sixteen. I'm also aware of the appalling effort that's been made there. We've not even linked them up or anything. But still, I'd love to properly play a game of Swear Scrabble. Although you'd be limited in what you could put down. Maybe change it to Insult Scrabble instead.

So there you have it, that's my Scrabble badge.

Secondly, there's the bowling badge. I used to live a five minute walk away from a leisure centre with a bowling alley, so there was a period of my life where I was there constantly. I never went bowling until I was about 12, and I wasn't very good at it. But between the ages of 13 and 16 it was always the thing to do. Loads of birthday parties were there, we'd go there in half term, not just because there was bowling, but there was a pool table and air hockey and the most awesome thing; a jukebox. Yes, small things, small minds, I'm fully aware. The pic above is an old one, from my 15th birthday party. One of the many many times we ended up at Christie Miller centre. I last went bowling last year when some friends came to visit, and it's safe to say the bowling place here is AWESOME. There's about 20 lanes, the place in general is massive and there's an arcade, with my favourite thing in the world, a DDR machine xD. 

So there you have it, again, my bowling badge. Booya.



No comments:

Post a Comment