Thursday 18 February 2010

Half Term Acomplishments

Where the frick has this week gone? It's Thursday and yet I feel like I still need a week off. So, here's what I had planned to do this holiday:

1. Wider Reading - We're doing exam prep in English Lit now and should be doing wider reading. A lot of it.
2. Essay Trimming - My coursework essay for Lit has a 3000 word limit. My actual coursework is over 3,600 words.
3. Psychology Essay - Seeing as essays are the basis of my psychology exam, we do them for homework all the time. I have a rather large one to be doing on schizophrenia.
4. Revision Cards - My psychology teacher likes us to get our revision in early. So she advises us to make revision cards and we really should be doing them after each lesson to keep up to date. Well, that's the theory.
5. Re-Teaching - Last year in psychology we learned research methods and because it was so brief, our teacher made us do our notes straight onto revision cards. After the exam, I thought we wouldn't be touching it again, so I threw them out, therefore having no notes. Last week she tells us it's part of the A2 course too and there's more - but she's not reteaching last year's stuff because there's no time. So I need new notes and also to re-teach myself the whole topic.
6. Cooking - My food coursework invovles development which I'm behind in so I needed to cook at home. Eugh.

And here is what I have done...

1. Open Day - Attended an open day at University of Northampton. Was awesome :)
2. Dual Carridgeway - Did the stupid stupid act of slowing down on a dual carridgeway before overtaking. Don't ask why, I just did it because I'm a terrible driver. When I pass my test, don't get into a car with me. Ever!
3. Movies - Seem to have watched quite a lot of movies this half term. The Proposal, You've Got Mail, Revolutionary Road, The Last Kiss
4. Tantrums - There's been a few.
5. Pub Quiz - Friends and I went to a pub quiz as we do most weeks and the theme was Luxury Items or something - and we failed miserably!
6. Essay Trimming - Attempted to trim my Lit essay. Lost about 200 words. Need some help from my teacher.

So, this holiday has been a success I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment