Thursday 11 February 2010

Retainers and Valentines

As I'm sat here I'm watching That Mitchell and Webb Look - I bought the Series 2 DVD on Tuesday when I went to Bath. In other news I went to the ortho as said, and lucky me, I got my brace taken off. It was so weird looking in the mirror and seeing myself with straight teeth. Picked up my retainer today and it hurts like hell. Meh. Only 3 months to go...

Anyway, saw on the news today that there's a school in Weston Super-Mare has banned Valentine's cards because they fear it will cause 'emotional distress' to children who are rejected. Do they not realise that these are children of a reasonably young age, and at that age, you don't exactly fall in love do you? So you're not exactly going to be upset if you get rejected. I see loads of parents think its ridiculous too - I don't blame them. In the words of Russell Howard, at that age, "you're into custard and jumping!" It's true though, kids of a primary school age don't care about being in love! Apparently they've banned it because children aren't emotionally mature enough to understand the comittment about having a boyfriend or girlfriend - well no they're not, but the thing is, when you're that age, having a boyfriend or girlfriend isn't exactly serious is it? It's just a friend - who is either a girl or a boy. So they give Valentine's cards to one another? It doesn't mean that in a few months time they're going to be engaged!! In short, it doesn't really mean anything to children of that age, to them it's a bit of fun.

I forgot, I still have my fudge. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment