Sunday 29 January 2012

Desperate Housewives: S8 Conspiracy theories.

So, you may not know, but I'm quite the fan of Desperate Housewives. Nothing like doing the ironing or eating my Pot Noodle whilst watching Dave Williams attempt to his insanity, Susan freaking out over Mike and Katherine, Lynette having problems with her son, Bree battling with her future son in law and Gabrielle persuading Carlos to take a job that'd leave them rolling in money again. I'm on Season 5, in case you haven't guessed. Not only that, but once a week I look forward to a new episode from S8 not only online but also now (albeit slightly behind) on E4. However, I'm incredibly gutted that S8 is DH's last. Season 8 is not my favourite season from what I've seen so far, for a number of reasons:

1. I get that getting all four of the 'wives involved in the big season mystery is a good thing to do for the final season, but jeez, for the first couple of episodes, it felt like it was going to be a hideously depressing season.
2. Susan Delfino - For God's sake woman, get a grip! The way she's been acting up until the last episode I've seen (not yet been shown over here) has been driving me nuts. I get she feels guilty and all that, but her behaviour just continuously wound me up. What the hell would she have been like if she killed Gaby's stepfather?
3. Bree's sudden change of character -  Not entirely sure why Bree's turned all Edie Britt on herself all of a sudden, not entirely sure where it's going either.
4. Lynette and Tom - The one thing I loved about Tom and Lynette was the fact they were they only couple on the show that never split up...until the end of the last season. Again, not sure what's going on there either, but the fact they haven't actually gotten divorced makes me wonder whether they'll get back together before the end.
One thing any regular DH fan will agree on is the fact that anything can happen on Wisteria Lane. Hell, we've had suicides, terrorism, murders, kidnapping, hostages, fires, natural disasters, plane crashes - you name it, it's happened. So, I'm trying to come up with some theories as to how the show will end, which I thought I'd share. Although I'd like to make a disclaimer by saying that these are just ideas. I'd be very shocked if one of these things happened.

1. The last scene of the final episode cuts back to Mary Alice holding the gun to her head and it turns out everything that happened throughout the last 8 years (well, 13 if you include the 5 year leap) was a 'what if' thing. That'll either lead to her pulling the trigger with it ending, or putting the gun down and going to spill everything to the girls.

2. Things will come out about the murder the four leads covered up, which will perhaps lead to some sort of messy suicide pact. The final episode will end depressingly with all four leads ending their lives just as Mary Alice did - and maybe see them all meeting up for coffee in the afterlife. (Probably the most unlikely to happen, seeing as Marc Cherry has reportedly said there's no plans to kill off any of the four leading ladies).

3. All four leads will 'move on' in some way - most likely by leaving Wisteria Lane for one reason or another.

Judging by things I've read on various websites, I think these all seem pretty unlikely. According to a site I read earlier, a major character will die - if Marc Cherry has stated the four leads won't die, then my money is on a husband - maybe Tom Scavo? Think about it, perhaps there'll be an indication of him and Lynette getting back together, and it'll end badly. Who knows. Although, another spoiler reveals that Mrs McCluskey's cancer returns, although she's not really a major character, she's still a regular and personally, I think she's quite a good character.
There's also still the issue of who sent the "I know what you did..." note. My money's on Felicia Tillman if I'm honest - yes, I know she crashed her car into a truck at the end of S7, but it was never actually confirmed that she was dead. She would have knew about the original note - so maybe...although that doesn't explain why she'd have beef with Bree and the others.

Only one way to find out I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment